Here’s an idea how to get unlimited free Internet data for your mobile device:
- Buy a pre-paid SIM card with a “free Telegram traffic” package
- Write a TUN device transferring data over a Telegram chat
- Setup a tunnel between a “client device” and a “server device” (i.e. a phone with the SIM and a VPS)
- Free internet!
Why? Mobile service providers often offer unlimited data to certain servers as a promotion (they get some revenue from promoting the service). And since all of the traffic will be going through these servers, you won’t hit the FUP limit.
Feel free to substitute Telegram with any chat service, though this one seemed the most open and API-accessible out of the offered ones.
- TUN TAP device creation: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1003684/how-to-interface-with-the-linux-tun-driver
- TUN TAP tutorial: https://backreference.org/2010/03/26/tuntap-interface-tutorial/
- Example of a prepaid SIM with an unlimited “chat package”: https://www.vodafone.cz/pass-prehled-aplikaci/?promo=enjoymore:link:any:zahrnuteaplikace